3 best locations for a family photoshoot in Paris
My top recommandations for your Paris family photo session
For those of you who already had of family photoshoot at the Eiffel Tower and those who want a session off the beaten paths, I’ve selected 3 great spots for a photo session with your family.
1. Luxembourg Gardens
Jardin du Luxembourg or Luxembourg gardens in English is a pretty garden located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It is around 15 minute walk from Notre-Dame Cathedral and 5 minute walk from the Pantheon.
The garden was created in the 17th century by Marie de Medici. It is now home of the Senate. You can find either a French garden there as well as an English garden.
Why is it interesting to have a family photo shoot at Luxembourg Gardens?
The Luxembourg garden is an location for photo shoots because it offers various beautiful backgrounds:
– Sitting on green chairs in front of a beautiful 17th building
– A pretty fountain, Fontaine de Médicis
– Alleys of flowers
And your kids will love:
– The pond with ducks
– Small boats they can play with
– Going to the carroussel at the end of our photo session
– Jump in the leaves in Autumn…
– … and having fun in a small pond during Summer days!
2. Place Dauphine
Place Dauphine is a pretty square, close to the River Seine, where it prevails an atmosphere of small French village, right in the heart of Paris.
One can see people playing “petanque” and there are bikes hanging at the bottom of buildings. There are few brasseries, benches and trees.
It’s a perfect spot to stroll and to discover another aspect of Paris.
Why having a family photoshoot at Place Dauphine?
– Beautiful architecture and pretty atmosphere, paved streets and cafes
– No car allowed, so it’s safe for your children to run around
– Because it’s off the beaten track
3. Montmartre – Sacre Coeur
Montmartre district is well know for the Sacre Coeur basilica and the Moulin Rouge but this district has even much to offer.
This district is full of authentic charm with its paved streets, its arty atmosphere and vineyards!
Artists such as Salvador Dalí, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso et Vincent van Gogh used to live there and we can feel this artistic touch throughout museums, cabarets and caricaturists located on Place du Tertre.
A family photo session in Montmartre would be perfect in the morning, so you awoid the crowd and enjoy having the streets for you.
And your kids will love:
– Choosing their Eiffel Tower key rings
– See the view of Paris
– Go to a carroussel
– Play on the swings at Montmartre Museum